Spreadable Garlic is a thing? YES! And it's incredibly easy to make! When you cook garlic, it brings out a natural sweetness and becomes almost candy like! The flavor is fantastic, but it's also healthy because the only ingredients are garlic and olive oil.
The first night after making Spreadable Garlic, I mixed the soft garlic into mayo with black pepper to make a really flavorful aioli. Day 2, I made fresh herb bread to toast, just so I could spread this garlic all over it! After spreading the bread with garlic, I sliced tomatoes and placed on top of the bread with sea salt and was in heaven! We put it in fancy grilled cheese with sharp cheddar, bacon and carnalized onions, mixed it with butter to melt over steak and used it to make a really great garlic bread. Your options are literally endless!
Okay, I didn't add measurements for anything, because you can make any quantity of Spreadable Garlic you like. What I did is, peeled three heads of garlic, which made plenty and will last me a while! Second, the olive oil cannot be a specific measurement, because you just pour enough into the sauce pan to submerge the garlic. The amount will obviously vary depending on the amount of garlic you are roasting and the size of your sauce pan.
- Preheat your oven to 200° F
- Peel as many garlic cloves as you wish, keep the cloves whole and place them into a small OVEN SAFE sauce pan.
- Pour Olive Oil into the sauce pan until all of the garlic cloves are completely submerged. Cover sauce pan with lid or foil if you don't have a lid.
- Place sauce pan into the oven and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove sauce pan from oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container, still submerged in oil.
- Spread on anything your beautiful heart desires.
**This will stay good in your fridge for up to 3 months.
I kept this post short and sweet so you could all get to peeling your garlic and enjoying this spread! Have a wonderful day friends, and thank you all for following along on my food journey! I appreciate all of your support.